Magic Kingdom Theme Park Overview
"Here in Florida, we have something special we never enjoyed at Disneyland...the blessing of size. There's enough land here to hold all the ideas and plans we can possibly imagine."
Disney's Magic Kingdom Park is the oldest and most popular park at Disney World. Most of Disney's classic attractions are located right here!
Once you enter into Magic Kingdom you find yourself in Main Street, U.S.A. where it is setup like a small American town. There are several shops to choose from and straight ahead you can see the beautiful Cinderella's Castle.
Remember Windsor Palms vacation rental homes are less than 3 miles away!
Magic Kingdom Lands
The Magic Kingdom is divided into seven distinct lands, arranged in a spoke-like formation, all meeting at the top of Main Street U.S.A. right in front of Cinderella Castle.
The Magic Kingdom continues to remain the undisputed king of theme parks, drawing more yearly visitors than any other.
A Model Day At The Magic Kingdom
How the Magic Kingdom has managed to maintain its charm and appeal over the years is a lesson in simplicity. It has stayed true to its original vision, a place where families could gather in a clean and safe environment to enjoy the time they spend together. No trip to Disney World is complete without visiting the Magic Kingdom. For veteran visitors to Walt Disney World Resort, visiting the Magic Kingdom is like visiting an old friend. To first time visitors, they find themselves quickly, and almost helplessly, transported back to their childhood.
Tips for visiting Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom Theme Park
- Can't find anywhere to sit in Columbia Harbor House? Try upstairs! Many do not know that this resturant is actually two floors!
- Do not go on Sunday or Monday. These are the days after which guests check into the WDW resorts, and want to go to Magic Kingdom. Save this park for the middle of the week
- During some parts of the year, Wishes doesn't take place at closing time. Most people leave after the show, leaving the park empty until the real closing time.
- Parade time is excellent for shorter waits on popular rides like Space Mountain or Splash Mountain. Enough people line the walkways to watch the parade, that the wait time is substantially reduced.
- Enter the Magic Kingdom and take the route to the left, counter clockwise
- When going to the special events (Halloween Party, Christmas Party, etc.) enter the park at the earliest time (4pm usually). You get more time in the park for your money!
- Take the walkway along the Toontown Railroad Station towards Space Mountain. It gets you back & forth between these lands quickly.
- Want to escape the streching room first on the Haunted Mansion? Stand under the portrait of the woman on the tightrope.
- Don't be fooled; the total trip time from the TTC to the park gate is the same for the monorail and the ferryboat. If you see a ridiculously long line for the monorail, don't hesitate -- relax and enjoy the cool breeze of the Seven Seas lagoon!
- we have gone 2 years in a row now to cinderella's royal table for my daughter's birthday and please know that it is RESERVATION ONLY and you should make the reservation about 6 months ahead.
- If you forget what section you parked in, try to remember the time you came there, because Disney will be able to use that to determine which lot was being parked around that time, so your search will be narrowed down somewhat.
- Although you can technically get down Main Street U.S.A. Through the stores, don't try it at closing time. A lot of people get this idea, and the stores are packed with people trying to buy that last souvenir. Just walk down the street instead.
- Make reservations for Cinderella's Royal Table NOW!
- Don't stand directly in front of Cinderella Castle for Wishes. Stand a little to the right or left of the castle in Central Plaza. Enjoy!
- When watching the parade, watch it near Splash Mountain. This way you can quickly ride it after.
- Always start out in Frontierland and them work your way around to Tomorrowland, the lines will be signifigantly shorter.
- For the special parties such as Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween or Pirates and Princess Party try to reserve your tickets during the first few weeks of these events. They are less crowed and still have all the events.
- When going to Cinderella's Royal Table, order whatever porkchop they have. It's one of the best things on the menu no matter in which way it's prepared!
- Two Words: Arrive Early! For couples visiting the Magic Kingdom, after the daily 3 PM parade, exit the park, bare right and take the small boat (free!) to the Polynesian to enjoy your favorite tropical beverage.
- When Park hopping park at Magic Kingdom and use the monoral or one of the buses to go to one of the other three parks first then once the other parks are closed you can hop a bus or monral back to magic kingdom and enjoy.